REVISED POLL! Z mower "safe" life expectany

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IMAGE, Feb 5, 2008.

?

Z turn: safe life expectancy (revised poll)

1. 1600-1850 hours

18.8%
  2. 1850-2100

18.8%
  3. 2100-2350

31.3%
  4. 2350-2600

18.8%
  5. 2600-2900

12.5%
  1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

In my other poll, the majority (almost 80%) put the safe life expectancy of a z-turn between 1600-2900 hours. I am starting a new poll with tighter ranges to zero in on a narrower range. Please vote again.

Thanks

(again this is the amount of hours that you expect to get from a commercial z-turn, before you do a "preventative replacement" to minimize down time)

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

what is the point of this thread?

when things start to break is when it's time to get rid of the mower. it could be at 100 hours or 5000

3. IMAGE

from midwest

I am trying to narrow down an average life expectancy for commercial mowers because that is a needed # for figuring depreciation and costs per hour. Everything has a "useful" life before it should be replaced to try to maintain the most "uptime". In the construction world equipment life spans are measured in hours, and equipment gets replaced at certain hours to make sure that crews stay up and running with little down time due to equipment failures. I know that larger LCO's do this also with thier fleets, and that is what I am looking for: What is the "expected" lifespan that commercial mowers are running before being replaced to keep "down time" to a minumin.

Now please, if you don't like my tread, dont read it, and please don't dis it.

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Makes sense to me ... but I'm a CPA among "other" things !! LOL.

5. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

gas or diesel? Liquid cooled or air cooled? Integrated drive transmission or separate pumps and wheel motors? 10 gauge deck or 5 gauge deck? There are so manu factors going into longevity, I'm not sure a poll this generic will be very accurate.

6. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

this is like asking how long my truck is going to last before the motor blows up. your just not going to ever figure out.

7. IMAGE

from midwest

Just looking for averages guys. I am not asking you to question my reasoning. Thanks.