Revolver on dormant Zoysiagrass? Glyphosate mix?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREENITUP, Mar 17, 2008.

1. GREENITUP

GREENITUP LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me how Revolver handle rogue fescue in a Zoysia lawn? It is dormant here now and should stay that way for at least 1 more month. Will I need multiple apps? Can I mix with a little Glyphosate? or will that damage the Zoysia? This is for a temporary customer and I am not sure I even want to mess with it (my lawns are 99% fescue)Thanks for any first hand info....:confused:

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i would not mess with it, but if you do, glyphosate will kill dormant zoysia i have done it myself so i speak with experience.

3. GREENITUP

GREENITUP LawnSite Member

Thanks Grassman - I've done this in bermuda, but have almost no 1st hand knowledge about Zoysia.
    Anybody else?

4. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

then, it's not dormant. if zoysia is truly dormant, it will not be killed by a glyphosate application. you just have to be really, really careful, because it might look completely dormant and not be.

about the revolver: if a customer is willing to pay an arm and a leg and you have some warm weather, you can get a very good kill on the fescue with just the revolver. It is very slow though, and with cool temperatures the plant will not metabolize the chemical as well, and you won't get as good of a kill.

ideally wait a until the fescue is at it's top rate of growth.

5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Don't mess with it, but if you do decide to check out Certainty. Pricey stuff.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

man, as dormant as can get coming out of winter is when i sprayed here in zone 5. sprayed in march just when the round up would start to work on plants(to kill bluegrass) and ended up with total dead spots later . dont know how much more dormant you can get than a hard cold winter?!

7. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Way too risky for me, if You do spray reduce your R/U rate and hit just the target plant avoiding any over spray.