reward for referrels?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Feb 13, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

as this season will be the deciding factor in my future in this business, i need to make a huge effort, and either sink or swim. im tired of going on a miilion estimates, and wasting time on people who r not really serious, or are price hunting to save that $2. so, what do u think: send a notice to customers saying how we appreciate them and so on, and offer a cash back incentive for referrels. im thinking $20 per customer who signs a seasonal contract. or perhaps a free service? what do u think, would this create incentive to to refer us to neighbors, friends, etc. ?
  2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I offer a free cutting or a credit for the price of the referral to any regular customer of mine who refers me to someone else. The referral must be cut 16 times or more to get the credit.

MY PUPPY LawnSite Member
    from mass.

I offer a free cut or credit also after the new customer has cut
    for 60 days.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

At this moment, we're doing a big maketing/referral program to all of our customers (about 300). We're sending a letter, company brochure, and business card.

Included in the letter is a $50 "finders fee" to our customer and $50 coupon (for any service we provide) to the new client upon signing up.

I'll post our results at a later date.
  5. bobbygedd

from NJ

sounds great. p.s. are u really a millionair?
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

ROTLLMAO...ask GarPA, 65hoss, or LGF
  7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Bobby, This practice has been very successful for me in the past. I have offered a free cut to customers that refer a new customer. The only stipulations are the new customer must sign a contract for the season or the new customer must purchase a service in excess of $1000.00. Best of luck to you,

8. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Hey Bob your right in my neck of the woods Jersey. I give 10% off your bill for each customer referral we get to sign. Say your bill is $100 a month, and your get 10 people to sign. Then your service is free for that month. Works great for me. We only offer discounts for mowing services. I keep the offer unlimited and year round. So I give them $100 and they give me $900. Most guys will tell you that the best advertising comes from referral's. Good luck and let us know how you make out. Travis
  9. bobbygedd

from NJ

hey agg. elberon, down by the shore isnt it?
  10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I offer a free cut for a season cut sign up for a current customer.