rewards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yrdandgardenhandyman, Feb 5, 2005.

1. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I would like to submit a simple letter to my clients for your critique. I have been offering a variety of services and have had fair success. I simply would like to expand a bit. I'm not sure of the best way to word the reward clause. It is, at this point, very simple. Mowing clients, in this area, are put off by and resistant to contracts:
    Thanks

Landscaping- referral reward of 10% of labor to referring client for referral valued over $150.00 labor.

Mowing- 1 free mow for referring client after 4th mow for referred client.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Why not wait a full season of mowing for the refered client before you give away a mow to the referring client?

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Why give away anything at all?

I just don't see it. Why work for free?

4. Mclaughld

Mclaughld LawnSite Member

I agree. People like referring you business. If you do a good job, people will WANT to tell their friends about you.

5. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I agree i would not want to cut for free for a referral, there is no guarantee they will stay with you.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

refer a nearby new client within 30 days that signs a season contract & receive credit for 1 mowing on final bill of current season.
    something like this is how i would go, its no help if the referal is 2 towns away. and this way you have 2 contracts for the season. instead of just a month or so. :D payup

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

your labor figures are off
    10% off how much labor????
    you have to have limits.

i really don't like the wording of that one.

if you would like to give a reward. give a free lawn service for the referal of a client After an entire season. give them the last service free, or the first NEXT year.
    this will also give them incentive to come back next year.

8. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I've toyed with incentives in my mind, being my area is quite competitive. I give 5% Discount on all pre paid accounts before May 1st.

The one free cut idea could be interesting, may turn the client into a sales guy to see how many free cuts he can get. I agree the new referal would have to sign the one year contract. Add the free mow on to the end of the season, u know those seasons that go 2 cuts beyond last years norm or the begining of the new season. The beginning of the new season would work better mind you if you stipulate on renewed contract.

9. stumper1620

never give a free mow! give a credit on the bill that way it can be used on taxes as a promotional advertising.

10. stumper1620

never give a free mow! give a credit on the bill that way it can be used on taxes as a promotional advertising. payup