1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rhino lining as deck treatment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fivestar, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Fivestar

Fivestar LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of anyone that has used Rhino lining as a deck treatment. Sounds like it might work. What do you think?
  2. Hobart

Hobart Banned
    from Canada!

You mean spray it on the underside of the mower deck to keep clippings from sticking? Sounds like it might work but I'd like someone else to try it first. Not sure how hard it is to get that stuff off as I have plastic liners.
  3. Andy Miller

Andy Miller LawnSite Member

I have it in my truck bed for five years. Very durable stuff. I would say that it may work as a deck lining. It will gouge a scratch when a rock hits it at the speed that the blades go.
  4. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I've tryed UHMW plastic before. This is very tough and slick plastic that comes in sheets. We actually riveted it on. It didn't work at all. Rocks and debris scratched it and grass stuck worse than normal. I would think the rhino liner is a softer material and not as slick. It will probably get scratched and do the same if not worse. Just my thought. Hope this helps.

5. kcameron

kcameron LawnSite Member

I have a Linex spray liner in my truck, and I noticed while I was waiting, the dealer had various demos in his shop. And lo and behold, one of them was a mower deck. He said that it worked great. Linex seemed a little "smoother" but yet tougher than the Rhino. That's my .02. Kevin Cameron
  6. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

i applied herculiner which is almost the same to my truck bed. if you apply it right its not going to come off anytime soon. it might wear off but it has a rough texture because it contains rubber pellets or something like rubber in it. i think it would make the grass stick worse. you sure wont slip and fall on the stuff, but why would you walk underneath your mower. haha.