1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rhino-Lining Fertilizer van Interior

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by The Lawn Crew, Sep 26, 2006.

1. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

Has anyone does this? I have a friend that just recently purchasedan extended van to run his lawn application business and he is concerned about the abuse the floor will take from the ferts, etc. He wants to Rgino-Line it up to the wheel well height. Anyone have any pics of something like this or experiences. What should it cost? Custom colors or color matching? Thanks!
  2. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Dunno about the rhino lining... but is the rear part of the van seperate, an airtight from the cab? in MO we can't have chemical in the same space that any person rides in...
  3. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

We Line-X'd our wood flatbeds and they are holding up great. Not sure about Rhino though. We have a 10 year old service body (metal) that we had sand blasted and Line-X'd and it is doing perfectly after a year or so of daily liquid treatments. I spent about $1000 for the flatbeds and about $800 for the service body if I recall.
  4. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we use vans. we just use the paint on liner stuff (herculiner i think its called). about 85 bucks per gal
    (its part of our winter routine, rebuild everything, paint everything including the truck beds)
  5. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, Ive had the rhino liner in my van for 3 years and it still looks new. Had ziebart in the last van but it chipped off pretty easily. You absolutely have to have some kind of liner or the fert will rot everything. The nice thing about the rhino liner is they seal off all the various little holes that fert could find its way into. My liner goes about 18 inches up from the floor.
  6. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

Would you plese post some pics of the interior of your van/s with the rhino-lining. It would be GREATLY appreciated!