Rhino Lining

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Brian B, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

does anybody have this in the bed of their truck? and how did it cost to get it installed and how long did it take?

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

I have the Linex in mine. I believe they are virtually the same. I like it a lot better than the slide in liner I had in my last truck. The slidein was slick and would warp out of shape in hot weather. The Linex is very tacky, hardly anything will slide around. I have a friend who has had one in his truck for 6 years, looks just like it did when new.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

Almost forgot, mine was $425.00 in a shortbed F150, took around 1.5 hours to install and 24 hrs. recommended cure time.

4. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

We have lined all our vans and trucks with both the Linex and Rhino liners.

The Rhino is softer and thicker than the Linex. However the Linex still wears very good.

I guess we would choose the Linex over the Rhino by a small margin. Both are very good.

5. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

ditto. The rhino is a little bit more "grippy". We used both at my previous job inside full-size vans to keep whatever we had on the floor from moving around. I preferred the rhino because it worked better for that application. Stuff would still slide around with the line-x. I can see applications where someone would prefer the line-x, to make it a little easier to slide things in and out of the truck bed. The line-x felt a little more durable, but I'm not sure if it really was.

6. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats a 8ft bed go for, I gutta have mine done over the winter.

7. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I do not have it in my truck, but I have wantd it for quite a while and will probably get it soon. From others that I know that have had it, they say that Linex is better and does not fade, or grey out as much. green_mark and clean_n_green would know better than I because I understand from their posts that they have had both. I will say this, if you have a red truck, do not color match the spray lining in red. It does fade to pink, I have seen it. I have a red truck and I will get black when I get mine. Other colors are not so bad, from what I understand.

8. PerennialSuccess

PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member

I had the bed on my Ranger sprayed (over the rails) with Line-X for $400, I imagine that a 8 foot full size would be closer to $475/500.

9. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

I just had my 2006 F150 done with Line-x yesterday. 8 foot bed cost me $500. Duarable and lasts longer than Rhino.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Don't these liners make it difficult to slide in a pallet of mulch or sod? We use the kind of pad that simply lays in the bottom and can be removed.