Rhino linings on truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by redoak77, Jul 20, 2007.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

i posted this on plowsite as well, but it is not getting much traffic right now:

Would it be possible to spray a rhino linings on the underside of a truck like on the frame. I understand that you wouldn't want to put it over any bolts or the such but i think might help with some rust issues. Am i just crazy, or might it work?

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Sure you can. They can spray that stuff on dang near anything. IF you got the money, they will spray it. I think it would work good.

3. gavin478

gavin478 LawnSite Member

Yep, they can coat anything with it. I know a guy that has his race bike coated in it, it's a pretty unique look, not to mention durable as hell.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

how would you work on anything under it lines filters wires bolts keep the truck clean and spray a mix of trans fluid and gear oil on it if you must

5. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

I see quite a few off-road vehicles, jeeps, 4-runners etc, completely covered. Looks cool and very durable, easy to repair.

6. slclawn

slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Hey just get it under coated. They spray a rubber coating all over the metal under the truck. Around here it is like $400.00 to get it done.

7. EMJ

EMJ LawnSite Member

I have a friend who use Chain bar oil on the under side of his plow truck. He lives up north. It is a 1972 GMC Frame is as nice as new.

8. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the problem right here. You would have to mask off anything and everything that might need to come off to do maintenence or a repair. Also, the surface is supposed to be sanded first to make it stick. It would be pretty tough to get in all the tight spots.

It's a good idea, I just don't know if it would work out. I've got Line-X in the bed of my truck. 5 years later I'm still very happy with it, and would buy it again.

9. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

sprayed the just about everything on a honda ex400 4 wheeler looked awesome...

10. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

For the underside of a truck it would be nice, I cant imagine what the bed of my truck would look like without it.............

How bout for mower decks??? Anyone do that?? not a lot of stuff to get in the way and not very many nooks and crannies....