Rhino Tuff on trailer floor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Sep 17, 2005.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

With this drought we are having here in southern Va., Ive been repainting and fixing up my 6x12 foot open trailer. This trailer is my spare trailer and one that I use about 1 day a week when I work in town and the 16 footer is to hard to get around with.
    My question is, have any of yall ever used a spray on lining like for the bed of a truck on the floor of the trailer to protect it? Does it make it too slick when its wet? Can you add a gritty substance to it for traction?
    Any help and insight to this is appreiciated :waving:

wayne

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I think that trailer applications of the Rhino stuff is mentioned on their website. Pretty sure at least, i was looking into it a little while back but when i saw how much it was just to coat a truck bed, i changed my mind. Just my 2 cents! Good luck!

3. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I believe that there is an off brand version of this stuff that is cheaper. It is for home applications.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

If you are looking for traction, Line-X hands down. :cool2:

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Thanx, I have a Line-x dealer in the cuty next to me, I may call them and see what they charge to coat a 6x12 trailer floor. I just didnt want something smooth that when it gets wet or damp ( morning dew) that I may slip on.

6. lawnmaniac883

Line X feels like sandpaper, nothing will slide around on it.

7. uglytruk

uglytruk LawnSite Member

I was thinking of caoting the roof of my apt building with that stuff. The building is 60'x 140'. Maybe I'd buy a franchise! :dizzy: To do it in "rubber membrane" is $10,000 just in material! How much would LineX cost me? I'll look into it... :cool2:

8. lawnmaniac883

Not sure, but they would have to move their entire shop setup to do it lol.

9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

My 8 x 20 enclosed trailer is done with Line-X and I love it.

Certainly not any more slippery than bare wood or paint. I recommend it highly.

10. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree Line-X on my trailer floor was one of my better investments this year.