Lawn Care Forum banner

rhodies that can take full sun??

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  GarPA 
#1 ·
my plant books are all out on loan so I cant look this up so bear with me on what might be a dumb ?...customer is helll bent on putting 3 rhodies where they dont belong...full sun til about 2 pm. My expereince with rhodies tells me this is not going to work...but then again I have not used every kind of rhodie thats out there. I just put some PJMS(PMJ's?) dahh...at my house and I love them...and they're hardier than most for winter...any chance this hardier variety tolerates morning and early pm sun?? thanks much

#6 ·
Like i said before they've work for me in the past.
Sometimes a plant can survive in place where it's not suposse to, I'm not saying that I would disregard the instruction on each plant but sometimes you find that kind of customers that you know a juniper would do much better in that spot but they want a rhodi, just make sure it's not your recommendation and you can't guaranteed the plant.

#9 ·
pj's it will be ....I think they are about the best rhodie anyway...nice red color this time of year, winter hardy...and they dont look like thr traditional rhodies which I refuse to plant any more....dam things always have a problem of some kind...thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.