rich mfg convertible mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 clowns mowing, Jul 7, 2006.

1. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

do any of you have or had one of these mowers? i'm trying one out on tuesday. any problems with these mowers?:)

2. jetdoc

jetdoc LawnSite Member

I got one about a week or two ago.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How was it???

4. jetdoc

jetdoc LawnSite Member

So far so good, no problems what so ever. Just had to figure this mower has a shutoff fuel valve pet **** thats sorta hidden, it runs much better with gas flowing into carb, :cool2: .

do you have one yet?

5. John Gamba

from ct

No

Did you get the one with the engine in the rear of the mower?? Can you post a pic?? What size deck and engine.

Thanks john:waving:

6. jetdoc

jetdoc LawnSite Member

No the engine is under seat, its a couple of years old but only 75hrs on it. The deck is a 61 inch and the engine is a Kohler 25hp. I can post a pic.

7. John Gamba

from ct

You should look at the new style:)

8. jetdoc

jetdoc LawnSite Member

I've seen it, sweet!!! Its obviously a better design but out of my budget, this one was fairly cheap.

9. John Gamba

from ct

What are they going for??

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I am looking into one for next year and was wondering the price of these machines. Their web site isn't the greatest and so far I've talked to 4 people to try and find out where the closest dealer is. One other thing is on their site under specs. the deck is "formed" I'm assuming they mean stamped and I've heard "stamped" decks are not the greatest. Its a 10ga. steel deck but I don't know how thick that is. Are these machines just an upgraded home owner model or are they built for commercial usage? I demoed an Exmark Lazer with a 66" Triton deck and wow what a machine and it is built like a tank so I know I will get years and years of use with out any major problems especially the deck.