Richards Small Engines

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jomira, Apr 28, 2006.

1. jomira

jomira LawnSite Member

:usflag: I just bought a Super Z 27hp kohler 60" XR7 deck from Richards Small engines in Gosport Indiana. Superb Dealer, brought me one to demo, and I live about 45 miles away. Gave me a fair trade in on my old machine, and his regular price on the Hustler was only $7995. Great dealer to do business with. Anybody looking for a mower in Southern Indiana should call him. Also bought the flex forks $199 plus tax no freight markup.:usflag:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Very true...
    Richards is a great dealer!

Pj

3. flake1333

flake1333 LawnSite Member

Bought mine from Richards and yes he is an excellant dealer, co:rolleyes: uldn't find anyone who could compete with his prices. Give him a call.

4. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

Did you shop anyplace else?? Was his retail price lower than other places? How much lower? What else was good about them? I am looking for a dealer in Indiana.

Ty

5. jomira

jomira LawnSite Member

I checked other local dealers, they were selling at msrp. Richard told me the msrp, but said right up front I can'g get those prices. The Super Z 27hp Kohler with the 60" XR7 deck was priced at $7995. He said if I wanted the Kawasaki lc engine it was about $400 more. After I decided to buy I added the flex forks for $199, and ask about a hitch. He said I throw in the hitch. I had never been to his shop before, and did not know him. I was refered to him by several commercial cutters that they revieved excelent service from him. I had also looked at Exmark $2000 more for comparable Mower, Toro was $3800 More, and Scagg was (on the tag) $2000 more. The Scagg dealer did not even come out of his showroom to help me. At Richards my first visit they were verry busy, but they made sure then acknowledged my presence and would be right with me. He spent about 45 minutes explaining the different mowers, and asking me about the type terain I was going to mow. At that time I was just looking. Every time I have been back since They always acknowlege me reguardless of how busy they are. Excelent customer service, and a pleasure to do business with.

6. flake1333

flake1333 LawnSite Member

I checked out the Indianapolis dealers, Plainfield-don't go there, they wanted 5499 for a fastrack 20/52 base model. Greenwood and Martinsville also but nobody was close. The closest dealer that I could find that gave me a good price was the new lanesville,IN dealer which was down by Kentucky. I went with Richards because of his reputation and of course his location which is about 15 miles from my place. I am like you I guess, I thought surely someone else would give a better deal, but no, and for his customer service, he took care of a friend of mine that has a Z even when mower was out of warranty, just because he said that the problem should not have happened anyway. Where do you get service like that. So I bought mine there.