Richmond

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Adam12, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Adam12

Adam12 LawnSite Member

Hello, Looking to maybe move and start a lawn care business in Richmond VA anybody have any imput on the area all information is greatly appreciated.

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you ever been to Richmond? The reason I ask is you are telling us you want to move there but you don't know anything about the place. What made you pick Richmond?

3. Adam12

Adam12 LawnSite Member

Yes I have been here twice good friends live right near Short pump mall. So many New housing Developments.

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I spent about six months in Richmond, but that was many years ago. I loved the place. There was plenty to do and the place was beautiful.

5. fltdek

fltdek LawnSite Member

Been to any horse races lately? Heres my advice....find your quickest route to Elmira/Corning pick up 15S out of Corning and take it all the way to Harrisburg, PA Keep following to you get to Fredrick MD and pick up 270 take that to 495 (Beltway) keep going south till you hit the Richmond limits. Enjoy life!! That is my advice, as for your question, Richmond has much to offer! Probably more opportunity than one can handle. I moved from the Elmira/Corning area about 11 years ago, never regretting it. If you need more info feel free to PM me, I'll help you out with whatever I can. (I used to manage at the Lowe's across from Shortpump Towncenter before getting back in the business fulltime.)

6. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

I am in RIC now and its not bad...but could be better. Most of the higher end stuff is full of very "how low can you go' homes." Its sad to see people with that much cash to throw around be so pinpointed on price. Hence the area. I make alot of my cash off of installs. I am from Northern VA, and my brother is there making 55 a cut (1/4 is big there!). Richmond is a beautiful area IMO though. -Mike

7. Adam12

Adam12 LawnSite Member

Thanks For the advice, Just trying to figure things out up here in NY. Have to wait at least to years for pension purposes. I may be taking a trip back down end of March Beginning of April

8. fltdek

fltdek LawnSite Member

Temps are supposed to hit hi 60's to low 70 this weekend!!!!

9. Adam12

Adam12 LawnSite Member

Making me so jealous

10. peter gagliardo

peter gagliardo LawnSite Member

adam12 do you still have the powerwashing rig for sale thanks my email is gags196@aol.com