richway foam markers on z spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Apr 15, 2011.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Just got in my new max and took it out for the first day of round 2. The foam marker is a richway mintrac(I think). Think I filled that thing up 2 or 3 times in an 9 hour day! I'm using water and a foaming agent I bought from my dealer. Mixing about 1-2 oz (or a couple of quick pours) in the 1 gallon unit. Balls are spaced out about every 6-8 feet.

Am I doing something wrong? Does regular dish soap last longer? If so what rate and brand is everyone using?

2. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

No. That's about right.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Sounds like u r on the money!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have a new max this year with the new style foam marker that holds a gallon.
    It is using alot more water than the old one did.
    I think it has a 2nd compressor on it which is bigger than the old one.

5. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Curious as to how long the foam lasts on the lawn? Are the majority of them still there when finished?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. R&S Lawn Care

R&S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on temp, humidity, and size of property. Hotter and drier= wont last as long. Though I havent used this one yet during the summer. It will last long enough to see previous pass. In the cooler weather mine was lasting well over an hour. 1oz. per gallon of water using Wylie brand foam mix.

7. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Thought it might be confusing for the customer to see all the markers and have to explain what they are there for.

I might have to install a foamer on my z-spray for spraying tenacity this season. Sounds like a great add-on.

8. R&S Lawn Care

R&S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Down here in Oklahoma all our burmuda goes dormant, so for the first round I always use dye. It allows me to be more accurate with passes plus the customers love seeing a green yard as opposed to brown. The foamer I use for granular applications and also when the grass greens up, dye does not show up very well. Also saves a lot of money not having to by dye. You have to adjust your passes because the foam drops straight down, where as your end nozzles fan out a foot or so.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

it is confusing for the customer,,,, when i first used mine i actually got complaints:laugh:

that is funny right there:clapping:

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

good advice. that is correct.

they last along time though it seems, like maybe 15 minutes or so...never timed but quite a while.

i have not used mine this year yet, but need to onthe coming lawns as they donthave stripes to follow and are very large.(using mowing stripes is awesome and very easy with 48in and 60in mower stripes and having 8ft and 10ft spray widths!