1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

rid of weeds along a stoned road

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Mar 28, 2003.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

going to do some work at an industrial plant were they have a few stoned roads...each spring they are filled with weeds ...last year the contractor used round-up and pendulum...
    they calmed that they had to visit the the road way 4 times to spray it...

i am not looking forward to spraying it 4 times to keep the weeds down...

what would you guys use?

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Try a total vegatation killer. Finale maybe.
  3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Sounds like a good place for Sahara, Sierra or some other soil sterilizer. In my state I believe you would need a "Right of way" designation to go along with your applicators licience for that type of work. You might want to check that out before you spray unless you already have this designation. With the soil sterilizers, I think one app properly applied will be sufficient for the year.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Finale will not give you season long control. Go with Sahara, but be careful of any run-off as it will kill those areas too. Make sure you are properly licensed. To spray those types of areas in Ohio you need to have category #5 (Industrial Vegetation Control) on your license. :) ;) :) ED
  5. How about finale or roundup tank mix with surflan!
  6. Greenie

Greenie LawnSite Member

Round up & Simazine 4L works well for me - an application in the spring will take care of most of the weeds & grass for the summer.