Ride on Applicator..

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Oct 30, 2009.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Was down at the Expo today and checked out MANY ride on sprayer/granual fert. machines... What is the best one to buy for the money? Seen many that were impressive, but also many that were EXPENSIVE! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Z-SPRAY

Intermediate with aux tank cant go wrong with this set up !

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

cant go wrong with any zspray as you can customize it completely for your needs. they "interview" you when ordering if you will so you can get the one you want. i think many of the machines are nice, but that the z outshines all on quailty and production and well heck, just flexibility overall of running many different tanks with different chems etc, that has made jsut as much impact on our production as being on a RIDE ON. But, besides my bias and obvious choice, the other machines have made strides in making them more flexible and durable.

4. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

I thought the new Triumph was impressive.

5. grassman177

it looks better than all the other PG s they have made

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I am in Trenton pretty often. I am over here close to Eaton.

Buy what best suits your needs, business and wallet.

This is my opinion...but I wouldn't own anything but a PG, T or Z.

I personally own a Z and I think it is by far the best machine on the market from about every point....but it isn't perfect, just very close!

7. grassman177

this raises a ? about ride ons. what aobut ground logic, when compared to the pg i think it is a better made machine. at least compared to the pg magnum and cetri, not the new pg

8. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

ground logic at GIE

GIE 045.jpg

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I wouldn't say that the "PG Wanta be's" are not good, as good or better then the PG...but I would never recommend one since I have never ran one and there are very few out here in the real world.

The prices I was hearing at the GIE for the "off brands"...I would highly recommend just to get a Z.

Why pay $7800 for a machine that is just a "PG on steriods" and hasn't proven itself?

JMO!

10. Heidi J.

Heidi J. LawnSite Senior Member

The price is not really that bad, because the machines pay for themselves. We have 3 Z's and we couldn't live with out them. Just make sure your lawns are big enough to accommodate one. I wouldn't go out and buy one if you are just starting out, but if you have the sq. ft. it will be the best investment. The machines will do 2-3 times the amout of sq. ft. per day then a push spreader.

We looked at the T this year before purchasing another ride on.. Ended up with another Z :laugh:
    Good Luck!
    :waving: