Ride on CAT kids truck

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Hollowellreid, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Hollowellreid

Hollowellreid LawnSite Senior Member

Made this from scratch for a co-workers son

Probably perfect in size for a 7-8 year old or so. I can just barely fit in it at 5'10". Not very comfortable.

24 volt electric drive system, power Up/Down bed and Power Up/Down plow with manual angle. Runs about 2 hours on a charge and is fairly strong, can push and level little piles of dirt and stone. The bed will dump a heaped load of gravel, got lucky on that one. Total "CAT" theme as you can tell.

All lights, tail lights, flasher, etc work. Took me a while to do, but it was always what I wished I had as a kid!

Pictures are before I finished the seat upholstery and such, but you get the idea... Sorry for the phone pictures...

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's sooooooo cute, I'll bet it's going to be a blast in the winter!

3. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like Jr. is going to be plowing the driveway this winter. Or at least the sidewalk.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

ok so when are you sending mine over? I need something to drive to school!! haha that thing is pretty awesome!

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Right on, that's just what Jr. needs. Welcome to the big leagues and running REAL iron. It says Cat on it, it'll definately outwork that Bobcrap 331 you keep renting. Haha

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

for one we dont get snow in SC!!:p and when I get mine I am goin to have to hide it in the garage until I get it painted white and orange and put some bobcat decals on it!!

Oh and scag we dont rent a 331.. we have no use for that little toy we need a big mini excavator we rent a 335!!:weightlifter: (btw if you ever forget what we rent or own look at my name its Jlm335 deeduhdee I bet you never got the connection between the two!)

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

331, 335, same thing. Both are under 10,000 pounds so I couldn't care less. :drinkup:

8. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

bobcrap lol another member of the tag along crew mean while this guy was telling people a year ago bobcat made an excellent machine lol

9. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

its gotta be over 10,000 for you to consider it real iron?

10. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yea. You know... Your Bobcat mini. It's a REAL machine.:rolleyes:

Call me when you learn real controls and run a 40k+ pound excavator.

Next purchase on my list!

*DRUMROLL*

A CAT 330!

That's about 7x your little Bobcrap.

CAT 330: 73k pounds
    Bobcrap: 10k?