Ride on DeThatchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guido, Jun 20, 2000.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I can't remember who made these things and its driving me crazy!! I remember back in CT at Schmidts and Serafines in Waterbury (Bill probobly knows of it) They used to carry a de-thatcher that you rode on and it collected all the debris. I knew of one guy that had one, but I've lost touch with him since I joined the service. He said it was a serious timesaver on spring cleanups. Well if anyone can point towards info on something like I'm describing I'd appreciate it greatly! Thanks in Advance.<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

2. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons LawnSite Member

How about a front mount tine dethatcher on a ztr with a central vacuum system? I know that this isn't what you described exactly in your post. Is it, however, applicable to your needs? Or are you talking about a verticutting type dethatcher?<p>gus

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Gus, thats not really what we're looking for. It might have been a broom instead of the usual blades inside a verticutter/dethatcher and thats how it cleaned up so good. I dunno?!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

An Olathe/Toro turf sweeper?

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Throw the dethatcher on my Walker and you have what you want. I know its probably not what you are after but mine works like crazy.And it paid for itself in less than a season. (the whole unit that is)

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

smithco, might be the unit you are thinking about.<br>

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

this post just reminded me..... last week i saw in tradin times online a toro ride on aerator for 1000 bucks.....how great would that be.... i just bought a used blue bird walkbehind aerater for 650.... i woulf of glady spent the extra cash to ride!

8. Dale

Dale LawnSite Member

The Toro formerly Olathe sweeper unit. You could outfit it with a thatching reel and then sweep and thatch. Golf courses used it in overseeding operations and a lot of parks and rec departments used them. Toro quit making the larger 54 inch unit a couple of years ago and was making the 48 inch unit until they closed the old Olathe plant and quit making all those products.