ride on for 5k yards?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Apr 26, 2013.

1. threepointchamp

threepointchamp LawnSite Member

Get out there and push those small ones. Youll spend more time unloading and loading that you will on the lawn

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Rideon's work on every property
    We never pull hose or push a spreader

We can still get 25-30 small lawns done a day and I personally think one looks more professional when using mechanized equipment

If Mr homeowner sees u using a little push spreader he may wonder why he's paying for a service that he can do himself

That's just the way people think
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice post.

And as for a ride on taking time to use...really?? All I do is drop my side ramp from my trailer, pull out, fert the lawn (spray too if necessary), and load it back up. So portable and easy. I will challenge any guy with a push spreader and a skid to a contest on a 5-6K sq ft lawn. I think I know who would finish first (yet still doing a good job)

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

The other thing is....

We may have a route with 2k, 5k and 100k lawns.

Very rarely would u have all 5k lawns on a route

And u sure don't wanna push and pull 100k lawns

It's all a put efficiency
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. threepointchamp

threepointchamp LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have rutting issues in the spring using ride-on's on small properties? Which ride on would you recommend on 5,000 to 25,000sft properties?

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think I have ever had any rutting with my PG as long as the turf is not saturated wet. If that is the case, anything out there will rut.
    One thing: going up hills, the PG will spin front wheels and tear turf. Just step off the machine and walk until you clear the slope.

For the property size you mention, any ride on would work well. Esp. the Ground Logic unit is it is very nimble.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

No rutting issues.

Ride ons r all we have

Highly highly recommend Ground Logics
    Very simple design, affordable and universal

Our avg sq ft is 23k.

The ground logic can do a 3k lawn with a gate and them do a 200k on the same street

That's what I love about it
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Usually when a lil wet or if a lil windy we go do our larger props

We also carry hand spreaders in the hopper and just do by hand if there r wetter areas
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

For those who own or have owned both the Permagreen and the Ground Logics, they look nearly the same is there big differences in the innards of each machine? or are they basically the same?