ride on for railroad track areas...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MNmasterEXTERMINATOR, Jul 20, 2008.

1. MNmasterEXTERMINATOR

MNmasterEXTERMINATOR LawnSite Member

I am thinking of purchasing a ride on for lawns. I am hosing it right now. Most of my lawns are between 5k-15k small ones, so I am even debating if I should purchase a junior or perma. If I were to though, would either one be able to go over rail tracks. I have some bigger bareground accounts that only want glyso sprayed every month or so along tracks or roadsides etc. would any of these machines be capable of driving some rougher than usual terrain?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Rough terrain? I think not for a Permagreen. You need an ATV sprayer. Or...Maybe use a dirt bike, LOL. Put you wife on the back with a backpack sprayer.

3. MNmasterEXTERMINATOR

i have been using a atv with a boomless spray. But If I am going to spend the money on a spread/spray I thought I could hopefully get some other uses. So no going over rail tracks with any machine? Thats too bad.

4. MNmasterEXTERMINATOR

Is it worth it to buy a machine like this is most props are 5k-15k?

5. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

My average lawn is 15k... And I was seriously considering a Z-junior.. mainly because it can fit thru most gates... And I don't see why it wouldn't make you faster unless loading and unloading time is really high..