ride on granular + spray spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by boats47, Jan 28, 2007.

1. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

Any ideas on who sells the best combination spreader/sprayer? I know lesco makes one, but I was told from a lesco salesman they suck and break on regular basis. Who else makes this machine that is reputable?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well Lesco has their HPS spreader, but it has no spray function, unless you fabricate your own for it. I guess they DO have a ride on model that's made out of a Z-two but it's huge.

Iv'e never heard a bad word about the HPS from anyone, lesco rep or owner.

Permagreens have a LONG history of machanical problems, mostly due to maintenance issues or items that can't be easily accessed to maintain or repair. They used/use their customers as their R&D, however from the reveiws I read they have made a lot of improvments and are pretty close to ideal now.

The Z-spray gets about the best reviews of all. But why am I relaying all this? do some searching on here and even a couple other forums and you will find a wealth of information!

3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Actually Z spray hasnt even been making machines for that long less then perma green. Iam happy with my perma green i used to sub my fert to another co. that had z sprays and my machine did it quicker than what it took them and much more nimble. The issues that PG has had before was with the electrical and the new magnums have pretty much no wiring at all its pretty basic.

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I would recomend a permagreen to anyone. heres the link to their website
    www.permagreen.com
    -Jay

5. cstuffturf

cstuffturf LawnSite Member

i have 6 perma greens oldest one is 7yrs you take care of them they will work out fine

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Boats,

Lesco doesn't make the PG but they do sell them.

I can't believe that the Lesco guy said that...he must have had a bad experience or something!

I love my PG (as you probably always hear me say on the Pest site). I am getting close to 200 hours on my PG Magnum. I have heard some of the older machines had their problems but when they came out with the Mag the bugs worked out of them.