1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ride on manufactures!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Oct 9, 2012.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Thankx gentlemen, you all have done a good job building these rigs and making them faster, more efficient, better on fuel, etc. How about making them more comfortable for the operators. Standers have suspension, why dont ride ons? It seems to me that you guys could adapt a system similar to that of a quad or an atv? Am i asking too much here? I serviced a huge cemetery yesterday, my knees and wrists would be much happier today if my machine had suspension?
  2. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

The Turfco T3000 has suspension for the operator plus and articulating front axle for a very easy comfortable ride. The steering wheel makes it extra easy on the body.
  3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Bob, I wanted to let you know that the XT-5 I purchased from y'all this year did great for us. We weren't able to do as many as we would have liked due to the fact that it stopped raining the first part of April and didn't rain for 5 months. It's a great piece of equipment as I'm sure the T-3000 is also. We're looking forward to making more money with that aerator this coming season.

Lawn King, the Z has a pretty comfortable ride also as well as easy to steer. If you want comfort, it can be found for a little more than what those HP's set you back. I've driven one around at my local Lesco branch and can't imagine using one all day every day.
  4. lawn king

Thankx for the info guys. I use the hps machines exclusively for cemeterys, as most of the cemetery apps are just dry chemical & the hps are the billy goats of ride ons, as they will go onto terrain and hold a slope that no other ride on can! I do have to move up to a better spreader/sprayer, leaning toward the ground logic machine.
  5. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn King,

I have an HPS in my stable, I demoed the T and it's basically an HPS but with a steering wheel. I think you'll love it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

With this statment you realy do need to try a T 3000. I would say a T3000 would hang right in there.

Charles Cue
  7. lawn king

I like articulating machines, so that limits my choices to, perma green,ground logic,lesco and prizelawn!
  8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Ground Logics are scoring high with us.

Have four and getting geting two more.

I still think the Z Spray is the best machine on the market and the best built machine overall.

If I was a solo operation I would run nut n but a Z.

When you have new guys though that are not familiar with spray equipment or zero turns...I don't think you want them.

We can train on a GL for 2 days and turn a guy loose.

With the Z is is much more complex and needs a more experienced operator IMO.
  9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Rod thanks to your reviews I have my eyes set firmly on a Ground Logic unit when my Mag peters out. Can I ask, how is the spray output on the GL unit? At least as good as a Mag? Better coverage (as tested on cement)?
  10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

The way I always put it is...the GL is a PG on steroids.

The major difference is the Spyker hopper...but there are also many other things that we like. It has a pressure guage so one can monitor the spray system. It also steers much easier, is faster and handles awesome. What I like best is that the front shield is totally sealed. You can take the front shield off and there is hardly any fert dust on the inside of the machine.

Our guys love them!!!!!

If you are or was a PG fan then you will love this machine. Its simple and can really cover the ground.

I know we are very happy with them.