Ride on spray equipment SS220

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Greener1, Jan 11, 2012.

1. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the infor Gregory, makes me a little more confident in what I am looking to do.

The max I have, has a 4gpm pump, I am hoping that is enough, I will let you know when it gets finished and I try it out.
  2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

the only reason i changed out the pump to the 5gpm they sell is i was maxing my psi out with the 4gpm when i would use the 1gal/k tips. didnt have much going back to the tank. so now i have the 5gpm pump on there and more going back to the tank and i am not maxed out on the psi. with the other pump i needed 28psi to get the 1gal/k mark and that was all the pump had this one as more if i need it..
  3. turf hokie

Hmmm, now I am thinking I may need to go bigger pump. I was already running my pump at 30 psi with the 1/3 gallon tips, this was giving my final spray solution of 1/2 gallon per k. I found that worked really well for weed control.

To the OP, obviously I are telling you to go with the z-spray. Gregory has upgraded his and I am in the process of switching mine and I know of another local outfit that upgraded theirs 2 years ago without any issues.
  4. turf hokie

Finally got it out to test yesterday...

The 4.5 gallon pump I have is no where near enough to run 5 nozzles at 1.5 gallons. I knew that but wanted to test my luck.

I was able to run 3 nozzles at 30 psi with the return valve closed.....so at least I know that everything works as it should:hammerhead:

I will be calling lt rich today to see what they recommend to give me at least 10gpm, I need 5 nozzles at 1.5 and the return agitation so I figure at least 9 gpm will be used at any given time.....

I did blow thru water fast, not used to spraying at that volume....good thing I set up a tote tank with a 2" gravity feed line, fills fast.

Update to follow when I get the pump set up...