Ride On Spray Wand Demand.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SpreadNSpray, Jan 14, 2009.

1. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

How important is it for you to have a spray wand for your ride on. How often do you use it if you have one? How many would need a 15" hose and spray wand for their Magnum?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Spray wand did you say 15 inches? Not sure that would be used much. But sometimes I wish I had a one-gallon (or half gallon) hand sprayer in a rack onboard my Ultra somewhere. I find myself motoring back to the truck to get the hand sprayer and then walking to cover areas dangerously close to flowers, (or inaccessible for some other reason).

3. SpreadNSpray

from MN

Typo, thats FEET! 15' feet. Thanks Riggle

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We use our hose wand on nearly all properties. (it also pulls out as far as 15 feet if/when needed). This way we can safely/accurately kill weeds along flower beds, etc where most of the weeds are.

Our ride-on units do not require two hands to steer, so we are able to just "drive & spray". No need to bend over while riding either. It's easy, fast & accurate.....often times we drive up to 5 mph while using the hose wand.

I won't mention which brand of ride-ons we run, but you can deduce which one it is by the above advantages. :usflag:

5. SpreadNSpray

from MN

I hear ya especially when the flowers and plants are growing over the landscape into the turf.
    Don't you just use your hand can to get the edges?

6. SpreadNSpray

from MN

Thanks for the post American. I'm sure the T3000 is a great machine. I look forward to trying one out this summer.

7. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to put that same thing on my Ultra this winter. When I get it perfected I will post pics. I have already added a larger fuel tank and battery box. I am also going to add 2 additional tanks if I can find the size I am looking for.

8. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

If my T3000 didn't have one I would put one on. I hardly ever use the trim nozzle. I get the wand out, put the T3000 on cruise and go around all the hard to get stuff without getting off the machine. No more backpacking for me to get around edges.

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

SpreadNSpray -- IMO the T3000 is in a class of it's own. I know about eight reasons/comparisons/advantages why we run 'em instead oif 'other' ride-ons. If you buy one, you will NOT be sorry.

Fd -- The spray wand that comes with the T3000 is good (plastic), but we switched to an aluminum wand that is 6 - 8 inches longer. This enables us to not to have to bend over whatsoever. You can purchase these at Sprayer Specialties (sprayers.com).

Mike -- Since you are a TURFCO "A-Team" member, just PM me your shipping address, and I'll send you one at no charge so you can compare.

Later all. Stay warm.:usflag:

10. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I use one on my ride on the hose is 10 ft use it all the time great for sitting on your a## and do the edeges beats a back pack
    Charles Cue