Ride-on sprayer/spreader improvements?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Aug 3, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

The brakes on PG units suck very bad -- especially when they get wet.

The tires should be taller to allow going over ruts, etc.

The "thin wires" should be raplaced with heavier duty ones with more insulation to prevent corrosion.

Anybody else have improvment ideas?:usflag:
  2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Can't really think of anything off hand....although a Pop holder...and a cooler for my peanut butter and jelly samich would be nice. Then I wouldn't have to quit for lunch!
  3. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

You make me crack up sir....Pesticides and a lunch pail together. I am laughin' as I type this.

American Lawn,

If we give you enough feedback, Do we get royalities of your "American Turf Tamer" by Americanlawn?

Happy Summer!

Pete D.
  4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Don't worry I will take my gloves off first! HAHA!

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Brakes? What do you need brakes on a PG for. Dont think I have ever used the brakes in the 6 years I have owned them.

I just want a better spray system with an extra 1 gallon(or 2)sytem for spraying non- selective on curbs cracks beds etc.
  6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

All joking aside...I wish there was a good way to run my PG with one hand!

Ever get an itch on your nose or a bug bothering you? Nothing you can do about it except let out on the throttle and stop or get off the squirt trigger.

I wish they would put a foot switch on the Sulky to turn the spray on and off. That would be sweet as it would free up a hand...say to drink a pop or each a peanut butter and jelly samich!
  7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Squirt trigger? What is that? Ask Perma for a new switch--mine has a squeeze on, plus a leave on switch. Easy. Also i would improve the brakes--bad in reverse--I have had some bad moments while backing down the ramp to the spreader caddy.

Also I would put all the electrical components up top away from the fertilizer. (and corrosion. )

Tape deck and rally lights would be nice.
  8. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

What about dual exhaust and 20" dubs?
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Many many guys have already rigged up their own wand off of the bottle fill on the PG units, I'd have one come standard, even if it did spray a little hot.
  10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I was referring the "squirt trigger" as what we pull on to engage the sprayer. I wasn't sure of the correct term to use so used some hillbilly language.

You say yours has a new switch and you can squeeze in and leave it on? So you don't have to hold down the whole time? Please give me more info! In larger areas I actually get cramps and my hand starts to tingle BAD!

I was meaning to have the switch on the sulky that could be turned off and on by our feet.

We used to use a dimmer switch in our tractors to turn our sprayer off and on. It worked great. That is what I was thinking about.