Ride-on Sprayer/Spreader ?'s

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AdamChrap, Jun 29, 2008.

1. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the market for a ride on sprayer/spreader. What has been your experience with your ride on? What model do you have? What was the cost? any info would be great. I have been looking mostly at the Z-Spray and the Permagreen ride on magnum

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Do you need one that will fit on a carrier rack (truck hitch receiver), or will you be pulling a trailer? Both are fine companies -- also, Z-Sprays come in different sizes depending upon your needs.

Need more info from you regarding number of accounts & how big they are, but figure on spending $7000 or more for a new one.

Give more details so others can offer their opinions. Thanks.:usflag:

3. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

If your'e not in a huge rush you might want to wait and see some of the new models coming out, Perma greens wiil be at thge show this winter and set for a spring release I'm being told, and there is some other good ones on the way.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

If I were you, I would wait a little while longer. I am in the market for new machines as my Ultras are on the way out and I am waiting for the kinks to be worked out of the machines that are hitting the market as we speak.

Hopefully, some of these new machines turn out to match the hype.

Nice restraint Larry, you were set up nicely for a plug:laugh:

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks T.H. -- I too thought I did a good job. But I did send him a PM.:laugh:

6. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Bryan, i am interested in the ultras when your done with them because just today i was carrying the spreaders around while we were working and 3 people stopped us for some quotes and what not, and if i keep it up ill have enough customers to use a rider haha. But keep me in mind when your ready we will pretty much buy one of them!

7. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Will do. I will definately be parting with 2 of them before the start of next season.

8. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Sounds great! Sorry to jack the thread.