1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ride on sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CHARLES CUE, Feb 14, 2008.

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

So those of you that have ride on sprayers how do you know how fast you are going i see like the z spray has a satellite speedo i have seen pg and zspray 2 no speedo.Are they set up to adjust by speed or what fill me in. at least a tractor has a tack to go by.
    just always wondered fill me in Charles Cue
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

My tachometer quit 2 years ago.

I have an attached stopwatch (digital kitchen timer). I drive in top gear; wide open throttle for one minute. Then measure the feet covered with my measuring wheel. Get about 350 feet per minute. Convert to miles per hour by dividing by 88. This gives me about 3.9 miles per hour.

I plan to use a hand held GPS unit to check it this year. Actually I suppose the speed would be slower on the grass than pavement. Slower with a full load, perhaps. Adjust ounces per gallon to match the sq feet you cover with one tank.

so pg do have tacks i wondered i look at lesco z spray 2 i didnt see any thing that you could go by i would think that would be a very important thing to have on spray equipment a pg would not work for me
    thanks RigglePLC
    Charles Cue
  4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

The PG does have a tac...but I am still going to add the Garmin to my PG and Turfco unit this year.

For only $89.00 you can read your speed, and also use the unit to measure lawns.

I think it might even have more functions...but not sure.

Will let you know when I get them!
    Can't wait to see how they work!

yea let m e know how the the garmin works i look at them but not real hard i herd about them but didnt find the speedo just the garmin with the map thing dont know about that kind of device always injoyed finding my always a little adventure and a couple bad words thanks rcreeh
    Charles cue

now how about some one a z spray 2 from lesco {american!}

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Forgive my GPS ignorance but how do you use them to measure a lawn? How long does it take?
  7. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Would this be the MYSTERY MACHINE?

9. kirk anderson

kirk anderson LawnSite Member

shoot me an email and I can share some information...

were converting to a soluable uflexx and it has 100% sus tained release nitro and then you add potash and sulfur..

very cost effective..
    check out
  10. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

i think you can get record start and finish time too