Ride on sprayers?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by meets1, Jan 30, 2009.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have had PG machines in the past and this year we are due for a new machine. Things have changed alot over the last 3-5 yrs. There are a few companies out there offering these machines. PG Turfco Z spray. For those that have used these - which one?

I am running smallest 5K to doing a 3-4 acre complex. So I used the PG - most versiable for me but just wondering what you guys thought that have used these other machines.

2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Z spray for me

Although there are many reasons for going with the z spray including breakaway boom, 50ft hose reel, large tank, hydraulic spreader, 15hp engine etc... but the biggest reason for me is still the Z. Zero turn that is. When you are doing small properties along with the big ones, you need to be able to get into all the nooks withouts switching gears from forward to reverse. Anything without a zero turn is a step back in my opinion. I couldn't imagine treating small closed properties without a zero turn. I am sure this is just the start of a long debate but to me the z spray is still the undesputed heavyweight champion of the world.

3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Z-SPRAY, the only choice.

4. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What model Permagreen do you have? How are you transporting it? The Magnum will fit on the back of the truck using the same carrier rack as the Ultra.

The Permagreen Magnum has many improvements over the Centri and Ultra.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

zspray, we feel it is the only FULL featured unit out there. you need zero turn as mentioned above to really get those tight areas with ease. if you call them, they will guide you to the rightmachine for your needs and have much expereince in doing so, Andy at Lt rich(zspray) is also an applicator so i would ask for him.

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO I would try and drive as many as possible. I myself have a T3000 and am very happy with it and do not feel I need the Zero turn at all. The T3000 is easily maneuverable enough to get into small properties. Each person is going to swear what they have is the best.

7. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I just demoed the Z-spray 10 minutes ago, Willie met with me and went over the entire machine and I test drove it of course. I'll be ordering mine on Monday with a little extra hose. I can easily see this machine meeting all of my needs.

8. Real Green

Real Green LawnSite Senior Member

Willie Pitts is a class act, great guy. I am glad he took care of you. I have even purchased a Z-plugger from him. I sent you a PM a while back offering you the chance to DEMO my T3000 and never heard back from you. Either way, it's great that you found a machine to fit your needs.

I am with Mike, you should try to demo as many units as possible. We have had a great experience running our Turfco T-3000 over the last year and highly recommend trying one out. It is very easy to transport from job site to job site with a carrier rack and we love the ground lock control.

9. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I did get that PM and appreciate that, I went with the z-spray because it seemed the Z would fit my needs a bit better, I'm sure you produce a fine product though.

thanks,
    David

10. jimjohn1

jimjohn1 LawnSite Member

Ok Guys! I am need of a new sprayer for lawns. Should I go with the z spray or should I go with a 200 gal sprayer like the Lesco low profile?