ride on spreader sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by trophytkr, Jan 4, 2003.

1. What do you mean by spray system?

The small Z-Spary is pretty close in concentration to the PG unit.

1/3 of a gallon, 42oz per 1000

2. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

Who makes the z spray unit? Do you have a link to thier web site?

3. ANDY-W

ANDY-W LawnSite Member
    from IN

z-spray.com

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

They're not out yet, 2003 will be the 1st year for them.

5. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

I looked at the z spray unit, it steers like a ztr. Am I right in thinking that the other one you just muscle around to turn it?

6. Not that hard once you get used to it.

7. You missed my question ANDY-W.

8. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

I have never liked the idea of spray boom being in front , Getting sprayed with pesticides aint cool . Our boom always goes on the back .

9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i do applications part time. 3 years ago i got my first p/g unit..and loved it..the next season i bought a spare unit ..yes they break down .yes i replaced parts but i still use the mechine.
    the replacement parts that was shipped to me were upgraded and had the kincks worked out..

i have 153 lawns which = over 2 million sf per round.the mechine gets used hard.if and when it breaks i go to the shop and grab the spare mechine in 15 min. i am back applicating.
    in a few days i repair the mechine that went down.

alot of bad things were said about the p/g unit in the past..so far for me they have worked out..but i use it few hrs. per day..
    I AM NOT PUTTING 8-10 HRS. PER DAY ON THEM LIKE SOME FULLTIME APPLICATORS.

THEY OFFER 100 HRS OR YOUR MONEY BACK...USE IT FOR 100 HRS...MAKE YOURSELF $10,000 USEING IT AND I AM SURE WHEN 100 HRS. ARE UP YOU WILL KEEP IT.

just my 2 cents

what i like to do sometime is to get all the E-MAIL ADDRESSES of members on this forum that are owners of this p/g unit and when we have a problem we can help each other..the problems that you had with the mechine may help me with my mechine and vice-versa.

anthony

10. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

After a variety of sprayers I bought a Spray Shields sprayer that mounts on the front of my Grasshopper. The sprayer is fully inclosed so drift isn't a problem. Can run right up to flowers and gardens. We often get a lot of wind in the spring, with was an issue with my old unit. This one has breakaway booms and is well made. Sticker shock is about the only negative I can think of.
    I think they make units to fit on several brands of mowers.