Ride On Spreader / Sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn Authority, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Lawn Authority

Lawn Authority LawnSite Member

What are the pros and cons of all the ride on spreaders on the market today. I want a quality machine that we can depend on. How much time does it save you?
    What brand to buy? Where? Cost?

Any Dos and Don'ts?

We service about 500 homes.

2. ZSpray Info

ZSpray Info Inactive

Give Andy a call toll free @ 877-482-2040. He can give you pricing and the run down on our machines Z-Sprays). We are very low pressure.

3. brizine

brizine LawnSite Member

Give z-spray a call, you won't be dissapointed.

4. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I can spray and spread a football field in 20 min. used to hand spray in 1 hour and half.I have a Z-SPRAY intermediate with the aux. tank.Most of the guys on here with ride on's use Z-SPRAYS and wouldn't trade for any thing else!

Pros - No sore back,and feet. double your production,Better weed control.I can hand spray then go do another 150,000 on the Z

Cons - you didnt buy one years ago :)

5. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

+1 for Zspray. Call Andy, he won't pressure you or anything.

6. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

You can give me a call and I can bring you up to speed on the Turfco T3000 ride on applicator. It does hills, goes thru gates and drives like a car with cruise control. Will do wet and dry at the same time up to 4000 sq ft per minute in wide mode and you can narrow it down for small lawns. A carrier will let you put it right on the back of a pickup without a trailer.

Turfcobob
    402-783-2028 cell 402-432-2446

Or
    you can contact Larry at American Lawn, Iowa
    americanlawn@msn.com
    or
    Matt at Jonny Nichols Lawncare in Delaware
    matt@jonnynichols.com

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

ONE of our T3000's .... first stop today was a Bridgestone/Firestone plant (320,000 s/f)....next stop was a 3000 s/f residential lawn close by. Then this T3000 went on after that to treat acreages & other residential lawns before day's end.

We safely transport our T3000's on a carrier rack with our (very nice) Chevy 2500HD pickup trucks.

We entertained the idea of using "other" ride-ons during the past 5 years, but "the one that fits our needs" = T3000. Others spray the same width, yet they require a large truck or a trailer. I offered this "option" to my employees (hauling a trailer or driving large trucks), but NONE of my guys wanted any of this whatsoever. :hammerhead: And I do not blame them.

We all know Z's are quality units, but we just don't want the hassles and the liabilities that go along with them -- . Special licensing, insurance on trailer, spray bar that gets in the way,etc, plus unsafe on hills. also consider units that are prone to breakdowns. :cry: No prob with our T3000's. In fact, one of our T3000's was the first official "production model" ever sold. It still runs everyday - no breakdowns either. :usflag::usflag:

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Larry, I am going to comment on some of your comments.

I just put one of my guys in a box truck and he loves it. Enclosed, out of the rain, no chance of a machine coming off of a carry rack. NO SPECIAL LICENSE other than a pesticide license:hammerhead: he can carry a full pallet, 200 gallons of water and the machine with no problems.

He could not wait to get out of the F350 (new guy gets that now)

My z-max does not break down unless I do something dumb. I will put it places the PG does not go without locking casters. Spray bar does not get in the way, matter of fact I rather like the air induction tips as I can get right up to bed edges and can easily see where the spray is going. It is just a matter of understanding the machine. Sensai says become one with the z and you will be happy:cool2:

I am considering the T-3000 to replace my PG's but it will never replace my z and it will not go on a rack but in the back of a box truck or as I like to say a moving warehouse and a moving billboard.

9. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

Z Spray is a really nice machine. The boom bar is a really nice tool once you get used to using the machine. I thought I would be using the foot switch for the boom but now I just steer the unit with one hand and operate the switch with the other.

10. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Biggest advantage to the Z is adjustable ground spreed and spread width. You can spread 18 feet or 7 feet. You can go 4 mph to 6.5 (or whatever) with 10 second adjustments.