1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rider or another Sulky?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Apr 20, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Man I can't wait to get a rider. Some time within the next year or two I want to get a used rider. The walkbehind is just killing me with the one wheel Velke so I don't use it. Anyone else killing themselves on the walkbehind all day? By the way i saw the frist Exmark on some lco's trailer. He lives on the next stret over. He's got a 52" Bunton Hydro too. I was very impressed that somebody finally got one. It was a Lazer Z 60". So the final question is, should I kill myself for the next year on the walkbehind and wait til the end of the season when I have enough money to buy a rider, or, should i just get the dual wheel Velke or Swivel Wheel.
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean about the walk behind beqting you up all day. I have a walkbehind with the two wheel velky, and for the first 5 years I used it and it was killing me. Bouncing all day and the heat that comes of the motor when it is hot already outside. I finally decided to get a ztr. I bought the lazer hp 52 inch, and have been a lot less tired and beat up.

Some of the manufactures offer for you to get the mower at the beginning of he season, and no payments for 6 months, tis might be something for you to consider.
  3. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Why not get a war charriot? our Lesco walkbehinds have War Charriots on them and theres no bounce at all.Iprefer the single velkie wheel, but thats me.

If you so small or medium residential i would get a ryder, you will have grooves and ruts in the lwn, be cause on small lawns you need to change direction.Otherwise go for it.
  4. Gunner

Gunner LawnSite Member

Who manufactures the War Charriots you are talking about? Would they have a website? I have a set of Jungle Wheels and they beat me up pretty bad. Would maybe try a set of the War Charriots if I can get a little more info.

5. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Hey gunner they sell a seat for the jungle wheels or kid why dont you buy a seat for your mower.
  6. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

I have a rider as well at my mid walks, Sometimes it is REALLY nice to be able to just sit down and just drive and drink a cold gatorade... especially on a HOT day. Today I was looking into a larger riding mower about a 44 deck would be nice with a 20 horse kohler twin. Currently I have a 30" ahrens with an 8 horse Tecumseh, really nice to do smaller yards in and very easy to load on the truck I got it for free from a customer who had it sitting outside for a few years under a tarp, it just needed a little work. You should look into getting a rider.
  7. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We use Lesco walkbehinds and got the charriots from a LEsco dealer.But any dealer i think would have them just ask.You dont get beat up on them and is easy to turn the machine with the charriot.I personally dont care for it, i like that middle stripe a Velke wheels gives.But other wise its good to have to save your legs for the beatting. If anything contact a Lesco dealer for info on them.
  8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

What color are these war chariots and where do you think I could maybe find one.
  9. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

They are green at Lesco, also Cub Cadet has them in black,

work only on hydros, Bullrider by Trimmertrap is similiar.