Rider purchase, Lesco Z2 or Hustler Super

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CRF500, Mar 27, 2007.

1. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

I need a rider and I want a Hustler Super Z but it is exspensive but I can get Z2 alot cheaper. The Hustler looks to be made better but is it? and is it worth the extra money?

Is Lesco up to the service challenge? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Can't speak for the Lesco but I wouldn't trade anything for my Soper Z - even when I had an electrical shorting problem last year.

I say get what you WANT - it's only money and you won't live forever - ha.

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used both quite a bit. The Super Z is a much smoother and more productive machine. Many times guys chose the walkbehinds over the Z2. The prices are cheap though; also consider the Super Z retains a lot of value when selling it. Not as much as a used Exmark but a lot more than a Lesco.

4. wheres the lesco equipment going to be when the John Deere takeover shakes down.

5. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

Deere is a good company they should stand behind their product line.

Any how why would someone choose a walkbehind over a ZTR? I mean the Lesco Z 2 looks good? for the money?

6. HenryB

Thats my point the guys really disliked the Z2.

7. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

well i just bought a new ztwo and i love it. Stripes great and has a great cut. The sticks are a little stiff but thats alright.. great machine and simple... we are just cutting grass in the end guys!

8. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

How much more productive is a Super Z over a Z 2 ? I mean they claim a Super will go 15 MPH will it cut that fast? A Z2 should be as productive with a cut at 12 because how can you mow at 15? Not only that it seems like 15 MPH mowing would wear the mower out and break it?

9. HenryB

It sounds to me like you've made up your mind. If you want an honest opinion I gave you one. If you want someone to tell you the Z2 is just as good as a Super Z someone else will, just not me. Either way good luck with your purchase. The Z2 is not a bad machine; just not as good as a Super Z IMO.

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Hustler? Whats that? In all my years of doing this work I have only ever seen 1 huster on a trailer. Hustler has had its fair share of poor products and we have 1 dealer and he said nobody around here will buy them.

Here you see

Exmark
    Gravely
    Scag
    Z-Two/Tanks
    Toros
    Bob-cats

EDIT: Worst case scenario if lesco stops selling or servicing the Z-Two just go to your local cub dealer and get your parts and service.