riders that can fit thru gates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C&S Services, Aug 24, 2004.

1. C&S Services

C&S Services LawnSite Member

Does any one have pics of riders that they use that fit thru gates? Terracare posted a pic of the gravely 34z, is there any other make of rider out there. Also if you own one how much did it cost if you don't mind.

2. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

3. C&S Services

C&S Services LawnSite Member

That is real cool. What is the cost of that mower?

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

More than $5 G list, and have fun looking for parts.. If you can wait till' next season, Hustler, Dixie Chopper, and Wright will all be bringing some VERY interesting machines to market specifically for gated props... I have this info on VERY good authority.. ( Factory reps )

BTW you may not have to wait until next season for some of them.....

5. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

I demo'd a 44" Chopper the other day.....quick and very good cut. They are coming out with a 36" soon.

6. txlawnking

That's one of em' I was talkin' about, the 36, the DC guy said it will have one big blade with 4 swinging blades, and like a stump jumper in the middle ( ALA' a bush hog )... He sid it will be out soon. The Hustler dude said a Mini Z 36, and the Gate star will be materializing very soon, the Gate star supposedly in a month or so...Wright man said a 32" stander will be here soon as well, but was mum on any details other than what's been said here already ( wider wheels on the new 32 and the redesigned 36" Standers)...

Almost forgot, the DC guy said 20hp for the 36!!!!!!! Thats my kinda mower:D

It's too bad these new toy's arent out now , as the Hustler guy was saying with the increase in the $$$$ of steel, everything is going up next season:(

7. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

I ran the 44" through some tall bahai and it didn't miss a lick. I guess the blade tip speed on that is fast enough to get it all.

Not plugging Chopper, just relaying what I did and how it performed.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Heard the same. I know it exists already. All I know is I want one.

9. txlawnking

Homer, How was the cut? No streaks??

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 4x4 Steiner that will go thru most gates. In fact I have a 4'bulldozer blade that I made for it that will knock most things over. Most people here will suggest that you split the cost of a wider gate with the customer if possible. You will make it up in saved time later, make sure you have a long term contract first.