ridiculous article.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Nov 5, 2004.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

anybody else read the article on the leaf blower ban in N.C. city north carolina in lawn and landscape page 23? i almost found myself laughing reading some of the quotes from the mayor.....straight from the article,

"a leaf blower doesnt do any real work, in my opinion, he says. people use them for so many other things and it just doesnt work. all it does is move dust from my yard to your yard"

"the best solution is a rake".

What crack is this guy smoking. he doesnt have the slightest clue on what the impact of a leaf blower ban would be. im not even from this area and it doesnt effect me. i can only imagine those who live there. id be furious with this moron. next thing you know theyll be forming beautification committees cause everyones houses wont be up to par with the look they want lol

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Some people are just born stupid.

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

That is crazy. I cant belive someone would even think about a ban like that. Thats like saying bagging grass should be banned because all they do is fill up landfills.

4. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

The price of lawncare in NC just sky-rocketted! payup

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

jesus, what idiots. blowers are quite possibly the most productive piece of gear we own! can you just imagine how hard it woudl be without them. i would take my chances and use them anyway.