1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

riding mower or ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddol1971, Jul 3, 2008.

1. toddol1971

toddol1971 LawnSite Member

First I say happy 4Th. My old rider is nickel & diming me to death. I'm sick of fixing it. I need a new mower. I found a bad boy pup 60" cut 31hp kawasaki for 6900 bucks. I mow rough & smooth ground about 7 acres. should I get a ztr or rider. I also found a used kubota b2410 hsd 4x4 w/360 hrs for 6500. Whatcha think? Thanks Todd.
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Are you just mowing your own property or will this be for a business? If the ztr has a good suspension on it it should do just fine on the rough stuff. On the other hand the kubota may be able to take more abuse on the rough stuff.
  3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

my vote is for the ztr. that bad boy sounds like a pretty good deal too. maybe post it again w/ bad boy writen in the title of the thread so retrodog can help you out. he's a dealer and might can have one shipped to you even cheaper than that. i dont know for sure but i would try that.
  4. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Any brand commercial ZTR will cut your time at least in half over a regular tractor style mower.With 7 acres to cut,I recommend you stay away from the homeowner models and go with a commercial mower.There are a lot of quality mowers available but my preference is Scag.You will love cutting with a zero turn vs your old machine.Good luck!
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

ZTR, You will thank us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a fun factor thrown in for free. Cutting grass with a ZTR is enjoyable.
  6. dago52

dago52 LawnSite Member

You will double your cutting habits...
  7. tacoma200

Not sure I follow you? Riding a good ZTR doesn't seem like work while riding a tractor makes for a long day. Speed, productivity, more control, reduced trimming, etc. What's there to think about?:confused:
  8. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I think he means you will want to cut twice as often.
  9. tacoma200

Yea, I reread it. I think your right.
  10. toddol1971

toddol1971 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. Its for my lawn & a few other lawns. I think I decided to go with a ztr. Its faster is the main reason. I already have a few tractors with 3 points & pto's so a dedicated mower would be ok. I thought initially about getting an exmark when they were on sale but this bad boy seems to be equally as nice for less. What do you think? I know that badboy is new, but they're using the same parts as other well known mower manufacturers arent they? If so That makes it easier for me to thinik about buying one.