1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Riding Mower Recomendation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BrianWilson, Apr 17, 2003.

1. BrianWilson

BrianWilson LawnSite Member

I have been lurking around for awhile and was wondering what you thought about Grasshopper riding mowers. Dealers in my area seem to have a VERY limited selection of lawn equipment.
    If you could give me your honest opinion on this matter I would sure be grateful. I am looking at the Grasshopper 725G2 24.5 HP liquid cooled Kubota 3 cylinder gasoline engine. I will be mowing large areas, from 1/2 acre to 3 acres, residential and commercial.

Thank you for you input.

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Where are you from?
  3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Go up top to search-type in grasshopper725g2,I got 29 replys to your question,theres bunches on gh and kubota in file.:)
  4. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, but I cant help you on your question, but I just wanted to say....................

Welcome to Lawnsite!:waving:
  5. BrianWilson

I live in Watertown. What should the 725G2 cost?
    The dealer quoted me a price of 11,400.00 with a 61 inch deck.
    Thank you for all your replies.
  6. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

There is an Exmark, Great Dane, and maybe even a Scag dealer down in Sioux Falls. Maybe you should go check them out before you get the Grasshopper.

I know the Great Dane dealer. His name is Kevin Severson. His number at the dealer is 605-323-2798.
  7. Bill 2

Bill 2 LawnSite Member

I kinow this is a late reply, but, I am going to buy a 725G2. The dealer is ordering, will be here in a coiuple days and the price is $10,500.00 + tax.

Was orginally going to buy the 721D, my dealer and a couple other people talked me out of it. All said the 725G2 w/Kubota gas had more power.
  8. BrianWilson

Does that price you were quoted include a bagger? The price I was givin was for the 725G2 with the three bag system.
  9. Bill 2

Bill 2 LawnSite Member

No bagger, your thread did not say anything about a bagger so I assumed you were only talking the mower, as stated.

Just talked to my dealer again, and he may come up with a better price yet.
  10. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

I am not a big fan of Grasshopper and there are very few sold in my area commercially.

If what the other reply said is true and there is a Great Dane dealer in your market, give the new Chariot a try. They are awesome units, very well built at competitive prices.

I purchased a 61" 25 HP with HD air cleaner for $7,399!! They also make a more deluxe model for $7,999.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!