1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Riding mower vs Zero turn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kebrowns, Mar 30, 2012.

1. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

What do you guys think about riding mowers versus zero turns. Thinking of buying a 48 inch john deer or husqavana riding mower. They are less than 2200 versus a 48 inch exmark or scag for $5000-$7000.

2. willowick

willowick LawnSite Member

Well, I have a lot of stuff to mow around, so the price delta quickly gets eaten by time savings.

3. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

Now you said husq riding mower. Are you talking about a residential lawn mower? Wouldn't use a residential mower for anything as a commercial unit.

4. cimkill

cimkill LawnSite Senior Member

Go with a ztr if you have the cash! Back when I lived in the U.S. I moved from a 1 acre property to a 3 acre property. The 1 acre used to take me an hour and a half. with no obsticles but the fence. The 3 acres had over 30 oak trees on it. took me almost 5 hours to cut with huskee 42" mower. Bought a 60" hustler ztr. 1hour ten minutes. I had money back then. LOL.

5. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

What money you save on the others will be eaten in time and break downs. Buy a commercial Z. You will never regret it.

6. 1whitetail

1whitetail LawnSite Member
    from florida

Very true.Thumbs Up