Riding mower Will not move.(Posted in repair Forum no Responses)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by vaulta, May 8, 2008.

1. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I have a craftsman riding mower. I was mowing my yard and all of a sudden the mower stoped moving. Tried everything, belts look to be on track. It has a handle that has neutral then you can move it to reverse and move it up for forward speeds. It starts and runs fine but will not move or try to move when put into forward or reverse, and has a clutch pedal and is not stuck. And its also like its stuck in gear, because when I put it in neutral to push it back to the car port, the wheels will barely turn because its in gear even in neutral with the mower off.Thanks for any help!!!!
    chris

2. magnumfire

magnumfire LawnSite Member

If it has a hydrostatic trans as it sound like it does it won't realy be in nuetral and push freely until you disengage the trans. There is a pin sticking out of the back that has to be pulled out to freewheel it.

Sounds like the trans went out or it is low on fluid.....

3. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Low on what kind of fluid, i own a landscaping business and use this guys rider that he offered because all I have is a 36 walk behind and he has a huge piece of property with all kinds of grap and bumps. I think I messed with a pin that you are talking about and nothing, still stuck in gear and wont move in reverse or forward. Do you know where the pin would be.Thanks again
    christopher