Riding mowers make you fat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassFearsMe, Apr 8, 2004.

1. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

I am trying to sell my toro Zmaster, next door to where we are working is this other lawn company(Ratty old truck and trailer), so i ask him if he was looking to get a rider for his operation. He tells me that riders make fat landscapers. I think riders make fat wallets, how bout you guys?
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Something similar to the riders... as soon as I got sulkies for my mowers I put on like 20lbs within two months.
  3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

haha. Laziness makes people fat. If i can get the job done quicker I will gain the couple of pounds because I know that I am active enough to lose it again anyway. He is an idiot, and didnt have enough dough in his wallet to buy it.

WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT? "gaining weight?"
  4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I was fat before buying my Z's, LOL!

Now my New Toro is proving a real money maker and energy saver, bugger me, I'm getting fatter! Perhaps I should push the thing around instead of riding it :)

I'm not a landscaper, ride on mowing only...

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

damn son, get a grip. yes ride on mowers make u fat. tell u why. as lawnboys, we spend most of our time mowing,if that time is spent on your butt, well? look above. walk as much as u can
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Bobby is correct!! I was 90lb's wet:eek:

7. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

This statement is typical of todays society. It's always someone else's fault. Blaming obesity on a lawn tractor is however a new one though. Kind of like blaming the gun for shooting someone.
    Riding on a tractor does not make you obese. The eating habits of the rider however does. I lost twenty five pounds over the winter... when I am least active. How did I do it. I dramatically cut my consumption of pop and drink lots of water for starters. Simply cutting back the excessive portions at dinner time is another.
    Oh, by the way... Z's do fatten up the wallet though.
  8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

It comes down to this. Determine your goal, health or money. You probably WILL stay healthier and have a better cardio if you walk behind a mower all day long. You will NOT be AS productive as you can be. On the flip side, you can go faster and save yourself alot of hard work by sitting on a mower all day. You might at best get a sun tan. Riding a mower brings an old saying to mind, i love work- i can watch it all day long. I figure this one is pretty much a no brainer.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would lose 15-20 pounds every summer when I was using my walkbehind, with no sulkey. I would put it back on in the winter. Now that I have my Z, I put it back on in the winter and it never went away. My wallet grew fatter also though.
  10. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

I don't let the eqipment my workers use effect my health... just my wealth. LOL