riding the thin line!!1

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by burge19, May 5, 2009.

1. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

Ok so i started out a couple of years ago and initialy it was just lawn maintance. I am now starting to get into landscaping. Right now i rent equipment when i need it like a bobcat and such. I feel sometimes i could buy the equipment but then again i can't. is anyone else in this situation where they are close to being able to buy more equipment but not quite there yet???

2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

S300 has been crossing my mind alot latley

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I still looking at a mini skid, but can't quite pull the trigger on it yet. I'd love to be able to order a semi of mulch to get it at a cheaper price, and then use the mini to load a dump trailer.

I've got a lady that wants 500 feet of sidewalk removed and pavers installed later this year. I think that job will finally pay for a mini.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I am at the same place as you and have been there for going on a year and it sucks big time..

5. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

yeah it just sucks having a lot of jobs but not quite being able to buy like a bobcat or something bigger. This renting stuff sucks

6. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

"no risk, no reward"

I have come to find that when you put yourself under a reasonable amount of pressure to either preform (or pay for) you work that much harder to make it happen.

I just finally added a used Bobcat mt52 with trencher and bucket to the arsenal....
    bobcat #5 for us!

Evan

7. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Bobcat's are the best investment if you have use for it. Were on our second one just got the T300 over the winter and sold the T180.

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

My problem is that I still don't have enough jobs to justify the the bigger equipment yet. I don't do a whole lot of dirt-work such as grading and filling. Most of my jobs are borderline when it comes to doing it by hand or renting a machine.

That time will come soon though, I can feel it.