1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rigging up a kill switch, need help..

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Josh.S, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, I have an Encore 36" WB with a 14 kawajunky engine... I need to rig up a kill switch cause when I bought it everything was disconnected and they just choked out the motor....but that way keeps fouling out my plugs like every other day..

I am pretty sure it had a kill bar installed on it from the factory, but I would just like to rig a rocker switch or something up to it... there is 2 wires that run near the handle bars that I thought would be the kill wires, I tried touching them together and grounding them out and stuff and it won't die... I have some pictures on here and if somebody could tell me how install a kill switch I would really appreciate it..

- Josh

PS : The picture "wires" is where the the handle bar wires run to.. and the picture "wires2", I thought the black wire might be a kill wire but I don't know what to do with it..

encore (600 x 450).jpg

handles (640 x 480).jpg

wires (640 x 480).jpg

wires2 (640 x 480).jpg
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

there should be one wire coming out from the blower housing from the coil (kill wire). Connect from it through your switch of choice and then to ground.