1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rigging your own spreader to a rider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ocutter, Dec 10, 2000.

1. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried attaching a regular walk behind spreader to a rider. I was looking at the JRCO battery operated one for around 600.00 and thought that it might be a possibility. All and any instructions are apprecated.
  2. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

look at the Spyker electric model...it is better IMHO. costs a little more but much better unit. they have a site.
    have a look. I have 2 of them now. they work very well if you take care of them. I like the adjustability on the spyker. it is very versitile. any more questions just ask.
  3. I have a old jrco and the manual open and closing mech. with a cable controlled opeining and closing that is poor operating. Plus even with the motor turned down it throws to far to be any good at most residential sites. The spreading mech of the jrco is made by Herd a company that makes farm spreaders.

What I need to do with my old jrco is to convert the opening of the spreader from a manual cable to a electric setup this winter.

Lesco has a electric "truckster" spreader for $350 that is imho the best unit for the job.