1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Stonehenge, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Everyone's phones starting to ring?

This is the time of year when I get excited and nervous. Excited about getting into the season, nervous that all the things I wanted to change with the business won't get done before the season starts.

Is everyone else starting to gear up for the season?
  2. kountryscape

kountryscape LawnSite Member
    from iowa

The phone isn't ringing off the hook yet . But i'm getting things together for a big regional garden show . My show garden is "spring fever" i'm building a greenhouse-storage building , arbor with red tin roof,and split rail fence. this is the second year for me. I like doing this, talk about people knowing who you are, i find myself doing jobs from this show all year long. I show up at the clients house and they have my flier from the show in hand. I'm also polishing equipment for the show.

3. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

Im pounding out budjets, designing new forms and literature answered all 3 phone calls last week and expect to go on first sales call this week or next.
  4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

My fax is ringing off the hook:) we are bidding three jobs a day now.
    Keep em comming :)
  5. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

In the last two weeks I have bid over 100 properties...The high number is because I bid on an entire subdivision-110 homes..That includes all the landscaping and mowing...If I get them, I'll have to start another crew or maybe two...I love this time of year...Derrick