Rinsing sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stressed, Apr 24, 2008.

1. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

Can you rinse a sprayer like a permagreen or skid sprayer at a carwash.I know your not just supposed to rinse it on the ground.I think carwashes have in ground holding tanks that they have to have pumped i wouldnt thin it would go to sewers

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

NO ! The Dept of Ag would be on you like flies, read the label.

3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I use "tank cleaner" (nutralizes pesticides) and spray it on turf

4. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

i mean the outside of unit.And what if you get caught in the rain i guess they excuse that cuz it happend naturly

5. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I pressure wash mine but always on my lawn

6. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

The outside of the unit, yes. I do mine. The guy I bought it from has been spraying for a living since 91 and he told me he does his all the time too.

7. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

Here in Michigan we have regulation 637 that covers proper rinse procedures and facilities. I don't have my literature handy, but I find it hard to believe that a public car wash would qualify as a pesticide rinse facility. I would imagine fines could be quite high.

I think some car washes recycle their water and others do drain to the public sewer.

I would check with your state regulations before risking fines and/or litigation.

And, concerning those tank cleaners, are you sure they "neutralize" the active/dangerous ingredients or do they just neutralize the corrosive (pH) effects of the pesticide.

8. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

Here in Michigan we have regulation 637 that covers proper rinse procedures and facilities. I don't have my literature handy, but I find it hard to believe that a public car wash would qualify as a pesticide rinse facility. I would imagine fines could be quite high.

I think some car washes recycle their water and others do drain to the public sewer.

I would check with your state regulations before risking fines and/or litigation.

And, concerning those tank cleaners, are you sure they "neutralize" the active/dangerous ingredients or do they just neutralize the corrosive (pH) effects of the pesticide.

9. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

They have an oil seperator, some recycle the water, also bad for buisness