rip apart my contract!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lsylvain, Jun 12, 2007.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

hey everyone I just finished typing this contract up. rip it apart and tell me what I missed or should take out. this contract is for mowing only.

Attached Files:

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would remove the edging as part of the standard service. If I signed that contract I would want you to edge every visit. JMO
  3. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

I like it, good work. However, isn't there something you can say about arbitration? I've signed contracts before and they always have an arbitration clause, so they can't sue you and stuff. I don't know too much about it, but my brother in law is a lawyer I might ask him, next time I see him. But I think your contract covers everything else. GJ

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

Ya no edging, I'd leave that word out of the whole contract. And at the very end you spelt the word contract CONTACT
  5. lsylvain

hey thanks for the advice. Especailly the CONTACT part. i must have missed that one anyway because i just found out that in FL you can't use the word Contract, you have to use Agrement.

As far as edging goes it is pretty much a standard every visit service here. Because the trimmers can't cut through it good enough on the sidewalks.
  6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Ah, Dude..

1) You refer to yourself as 2 different entities, pick one and use the term for the entire contract.

2) don't refer to yourself as... we-mow then switch to contractor,

3) To wordy,,, make it clear cut and dry... delete any and all references to edging

4) you are vague on billing date

5) Loose the damage section, you are responsible for any damage you create, and that is what insurance is for.

6) You have a typo in the Items Obstructing Service section

7) You are giving the customer a long time to pay change net 20 to net 10

8) in the included services section does not match the mowing edging trimming section they have to match.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

How many pages is that contract when typed? If its more than one there should be a place at the bottom to initial each page.
  8. lsylvain

Good idea didn't think about that.
  9. lsylvain

3. I don't understand why everyone wants me to take out edgeing? You guys must be the guys mowing the properties that I get the "my current guy is lazy and doesn't edge enough and my lawn looks like crap." calls all the time. It is faster to edge the sidewalks than it is to trim and I edge every property i service at every visit.

4. I wrote the billing section to be a little vauge. I want the payments due on the 10th, so I am giving them basically 24 to 26 days to pay their bill if I get them printed by the 14th. However, I also put the 20 days part in there gving me a 4-6 day window to get into the office and get the bills printed and mailed.

6. where is the typo? I've read that section 20 times and can't find it.

8. What do you mean the two sections are different? The first section mowing, trimming.... defines mowing trimming.... and the second Included Services states that there are no other services offered in reltaion to the contract. ie. I don't take out the trash, I don't, pick weeds, I don't fert, I don't do anything but mow, trim, edge, blow.

Thanks for all the tips.

Thanks for the advice. also where is the typo in
  10. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

One typo is the word Below, you've got it spelled "bellow grade" in the damages section. I agree with you 100% about the edging. If you don't edge every trip here, you lose, because the guy's house next door is always edged and if you don't it sticks out like a sore thumb. Contract looks great. I would add an arbitration clause though. Good luck!!!