Rip it up guys

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by LawnEnforcementLandscape, Jul 12, 2014.

1. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

PS. Went to click on the link to Facebook shown on your site, how nice, it took me to Wix's facebook page...

2. VacaValley Landscaping

VacaValley Landscaping LawnSite Member

So what? Not everyone can be some master web designer, and surely no one can afford these rates some of the web designers ask for. I've seen "custom built" sites go well into the thousands.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Cheap investment compared to roi

I'd argue no one can afford to buy a $13k ztr. But everyone buys them like candy
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on what content management system you choose.....READ & TEACH yourself.....That will bring in THOUSANDS over time.

No time to read and teach yourself? I guess your business is not worth it then

5. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

doesn't matter if you're building your own site or paying to have it done. You need something that will attract the people looking for what you offer and you need to convert those lookers to buyers. There's no reason someone building their own site can't learn those tactics that'll give them those results.

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

What do you charge per hour for your services, VacaValley? I'll hang up and listen.

You can have the #1 ranked site, but if it's not built to convert, #2 is going to enjoy the hell out of catching the people you don't engage.

7. VacaValley Landscaping

I agree about having a professional, well tuned website, i think its a "must" to advertise without hurting yourself, but im not going to sit here and harass someone else for their site. I guess i should have simply said "Lay off the guy atleast its not your website"

8. VacaValley Landscaping

Ok, i'm sorry it seems my computer has failed me. I did not get to see the very first post, so my argument is just incredibly flawed now my apologizes! It is a catchy name, but now after getting to SEE the website, yeah... thats pretty bad man. Not appealing to the eyes, as for using Wix meh its whatever to me. Do as you wish with your own business, because if you fail, we snatch it up ;P

9. NolanDubyu

NolanDubyu LawnSite Member

Just curious on the Vcita, have you received any interactions new or existing customers via the messenger?

10. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

That's a great question, Nolan. I don't recall this topic ever coming up in here.

To offer my own experience(s), it does well if you can actually staff it. It falls under the whole immediacy and "first to react" thing. Like long-tail keywords, it may not get much use but, when it does, you should see a bump in conversion.

If you can't staff it, I wouldn't bother.

Anyone else using, or tried, it?
    Posted via Mobile Device