Rip seo

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Turf Troll, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

The search engines get smarter it is evolution. This article and video explains changes to organic search that will be coming.

This is not good news - at least not to me.

New search world
  2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Not really news. Google has been analyzing traffic patterns for a long time now and have already incorporated optional location specific searches.
  3. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Why does a local service site care about web-wide SEO anyway? To me it should be good news, if you 'prepare'.
  4. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

This is what bothers me.

1. Google is now going to tailor the result of what a person finds from typing in a search term from their past search queries.

2. The relevance of your site or how much G likes it will change. Now it has been - get your on-page seo right ( 20% of work) and then get as many relevant links back to your site (80%).

Sometime next year their universal search goes into effect so videos on a site, audio, pictures are supposedly going to be what you need to get your site ranked and then still will that do any good when you think about #1.

I am taking it as their doing away with the value of links back to a site. About a year ago G started to de-index sites that were selling links. A lot lost all the PR they had from buying and selling links. Link directories were hit hard. I had three, selling links for $5 to $30 on the front page or inside page. Some directories went as high as $5000 for one link on the front page. My sites lost all the pr they had.

I started doing video commercials for people this summer. But I did not want to have to do it for my sites. I make more money doing landscaping and lawn care than the internet business. But I get or (before the crash) I would get (in season) 20 to 30 calls a week from new people for work from my web sites. This is a definite threat to my livelihood. Yellow pages, newspaper ads, postcards none got the return the web sites did.

Oh well, guess we will see.
  5. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

The only constant in this world is change.

Good luck. :)