1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

RIP Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I just heard he died; if it was not for for him, I'd be not the pest on the forum that I am. My kind of guy, they don't make many of them. :cry:
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

we think you'd be a pest anyway :)
  3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

"Stay hungry, stay foolish".
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Incredible mind and ideas. Too early to lose an icon.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I worked on his sprinkler system when he lived on Santa Rita in Palo Alto about 15 years ago. Rainmaster controller. Lots of repair work cuz he hired an English gardener who ignored the system when redesigning the garden and watered by hand. LOTS of broken 12"pop-ups, pipes full of holes from digging forks, etc. Spent about a week restoring the system.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. UfoPilot

UfoPilot LawnSite Member

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Apparently pancreatic cancer: I-SAD
  8. Never owned a PC and I hope I never have to. Apple was my entry into the computer world and Steve Jobs was Apple. Dude had the vision thing working for him. Shook up the computer industry. Shook up the music world. Shook up the cell phone industry. Maybe the greatest CEO of our lifetime.
  9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

They are all "PC's" Pete, the difference is the OS and hardware that is over priced.
  10. PC is generally understood to mean non-Apple by Apple users.