RIP Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If it weren't for that accursed voice mail, I would still have a dial phone.

2. Not relevant? Much of what you use computer and cell phone wise was driven by the need to keep up with Apple. Right now they are desperately trying to come up with items to compete with the Macair and IPad. With Jobs at the helm Apple has been a company with vision while the rest of the industry has become commodity items based on price. A Dell is a HP is an IBM..... YAWN.......

3. Wet_Boots

Basic functionality predates anything Apple. Or PC and Microsoft, too. Much of what is in the market is bells and whistles.

4. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I think the analogy of Jobs is our eras Edison is accurate.

5. Wet_Boots

I think Jobs does connect with the concept of visionary thinking, even if today's inventing will never be on a par with the electric light or the telephone.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

He sold quality, expensive stuff, with a brilliant marketing strategy that included "Apple Stores", which are one of the coolest places to go if you're an "Apple Core".

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

he IS the modern day edison. lets not forget edison's system was DC AC was Tesla. But edison was the marketing genius that put it all together in a package we could all use. Apple still build the best computer systems if not the best hardware. You're guaranteed they'll work. I am the proud owner of close to 12 apple computers all of which still work, my IIGS will still fire up and run my old copy of skate or die. Lets not forget this is also the man who brought us FONTS!

8. Plus Forrest Gump got rich buying Apple stock. Well actually Lt Dan did for him.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

without ethno-computing there would be no apples
    sorry my native brothers, still no respect

BTW I thank sim cards for their GPS tracking capabilities
    and plasma.

Turning plasma into energy on a multi functioning scale will be recognised in a unilateral configuration. Much like how we now distribute water through irrigation pipes.

What's cool about that is things like a chevy volt will finally come alive, computers will run faster and my pizza will finally be cooked in under .0825 seconds.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Roll another one for me, bro. for what it's worth.