RIP Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Oct 5, 2011.

1. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

hmm, not a fan of indigenous physics I see.

2. Dream on. Government motors chevy volts and steve jobs in the same thread are like hitler and a jew playing golf together.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Or maybe like Hank Williams Jr. and Pres. Obama singing kumbaya together.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Or Mike Leary buying a sprinkler rep lunch.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

The legacy goes on...

[​IMG]

6. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

But the conventional use of Plasma Widgets would have brought them closer to the round table. I believe that KDE code integration would have been a great link.

7. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I woke up at 3am last night to make sure I got the Iphone 4s.(preorder) Nothing like this technology. I liked Jobs abrasive personality. Being brutally honest is a trait I wish I could hone.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Work on it. I had a couple of clients that worked for Jobs and they said he was a huge pain, but got his way, and was right most of the time.

9. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes two of my good friends are 30 years older than me and it seems that they have perfected brutal honesty. They kind of remind of you. Either that or yall are just old crotchety men... that have delt with an incredible amount of bullsh!t in their lifetimes, but I have respect for people that tell it like it is. Often times it works out better for both parties.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Good points. I started out taking everything that came my way. Over the years, it did not get much easier because all my work came from referrals; LAs, designers,lawn crews, etc. If I alienated any of them, I'd have lost the train. The bottom line, if you are in it for the design/install/maintain gig, is to meet the clients and see if you're going to get along with them. Long after the referrals, you're the last guy, and no one likes to work for assholes. :nono: